Lady Foot Locker on 34th Street is giving me 3 pairs of Fit Flops to give away. Thanks, Foot Locker! Really, it's thanks to Melissa from Foot Locker who graciously offered up the Fit Flops. She herself just got a pair. I admitted to her I was skeptical that wearing special flip flops will get you into shape, because there's always some new gimmick to convince women that we can magically lose weight. Let's review:
- diet pills: I'm sure we've all been tempted when faced with the specter of cellulite on our thighs, ass, or upper arms (thanks to my husband who pointed out that arm dimple to me in the gym last week. Thanks, baby!). But back to drugs: we think hey, excellent, I'll just take this and the fat will melt away! Till later you find out it's f**ked up your metabolism and once you stop you immediately gain like 20 pounds. Or you get addicted and, well, bigger problems ensue.
- that machine that shakes your fat away: What happened to that, anyway?
- those tin foil sweat suits: I knew women who wore these under their clothes. Eww, smelly! They, too, melted away the fat and also caused women and men to faint, often in public and on the street. Watch out for that bus! I think they had to put some national warning out on TV about these.
- and, in the tin foil family, Saran Wrap! That's right, wrap up your problem areas like last night's leftovers! Which, unfortunately, also causes breathing mammals to pass out on city sidewalks.
- electrodes. Attach them to muscles and zap, you're in shape! Need I say more?
If you want to enter to win a free pair of Fit Flops from 34th Street's Lady Foot Locker, just tell me in comments and we'll have another drawing. Deadline will be the end of the weekend. Please check back for winners on Monday as I'll need your shoe size and address to mail them out. No internationals, US only sorry! And if you've won anything from Fashion Herald in the last month, again sorry, you're (eep & Farren!) not eligible to enter.
Lady Foot Locker, 120 W. 34th between Broadway & 7th